Thank you Tina at http://tinapumfrey.com/ for the Liebster Award nomination! I’m honored and happy to accept! What a great way to discover fresh and exciting new blogs. P.S. If you are wondering as to how this award originated, click here.
Upon accepting the Liebster Award, there are a few rules that need to be followed:
Link back the blogger that tagged you
Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
Let your nominees know of their award
My responses to Tina’s 10 questions:
1. What book that you’ve recently read has made the greatest impression on you? – Sadly, I haven’t read a book in a long time. Although! I read a lot of children’s books because of my little ones. I guess that counts. So I would say, “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!” by Dr.Seuss. I actually just got this book for my daughter because I saw this cool idea on Pinterest to have it signed by all of her teachers between now and high school graduation.
2. What is your favourite song (of all time, or just for now), and why? Too may favorite songs! But right now, one that I am in love with: Rascal Flatt’s “My Wish” The lyrics are are just beautiful and really encompasses all the hopes and dreams that I have for my children.
3. Do you have any pets? – I did. 😦 I had the cutest pomeranian princess. But she passed away Feb 2013.
4. What’s your favourite home-cooked meal? – I love my mom’s Bun Rieu. Its a Vietnamese seafood soup. sooo yummy, especially on a cold day.
5. If you could spend one week in a city (or other place) of your choice, where would you go and why? – I’d be back in Amsterdam in a heartbeat! I absolutely love the the culture and the vibe of that city. So laid back and eclectic. I just feel right at home whenever I’m there.
6. What’s the best thing about your neighbourhood? – Best thing about my neighborhood is that its quiet and central. Great place to raise kids, good schools, access to multiple freeways. I’m never leaving!
7. What’s your least-favourite household chore? – Hmmm. I don’t like household chores anyhow, but my least favorite? – I’d say vacuuming. Its loud and cumbersome to drag the vacuum around.
8. What’s your favourite place to go when you need to recharge spiritually? – I guess there is a difference between recharging spiritually and simply recharging. Spiritually, I don’t really think that I spend enough time doing so. I can barely control my brain enough to meditate, sad to say. To simply recharge, my favorite place to go is to SLEEP!
9. If you were allowed to catch a glimpse of where you might be ten years from now, would you want to? Why or why not? – YES! I would! Because I’m a neurotic planner and if I had any clue as to where I would be ten years from now, then perhaps I could make it a smoother route to get there!
10. What motivates you to keep posting on your blog? – My stats.
My 10 nominations: (I’ve opted to nominate 4)
My 10 questions for the nominees:
1. Is the glass half empty or half full?
2. If you could meet with one person who passed away already, who would that be and why?
3. If you had to disconnect yourself from cell phones, computers, and internet for ONE day, what would you be doing instead?
4. What advice would you give your 23-year-old self?
5. What app can you not live without on your phone and why?
6. What website (besides WordPress) do you log into religiously every day and why?
7. What are your thoughts on destiny? Does it exist? Is there only one “end point” we are all meant to reach?
8. What is the first thought that comes to your mind when you hear the word “love”?
9. Who was the first person you spoke to today and what did you say to them?
10. What is the very last thing you do before you fall asleep every night?
Have fun with the questions! Pretty random, but thats the way I like them!