This was written with the intention of leaving a place for my children to learn more about me. It belongs to a much larger collection of posts located here.
1) I hate sweating.
2) I can’t work any earlier than 9am. not functional.
3) Cupcakes for breakfast is not a bad thing.
4) I have 360’d on the freeway twice in my life… and no, I was NOT under any influence.
5) I have an associates degree, bachelors degree, masters degree and a doctorate. It only took me 9 years.
6) I am a hustler at heart. Always doing something. At most, I think I was working 5 part-time jobs plus 50% stay-at-home-mom. damn.
7) I went to Amsterdam five years in a row from 2003-2007 and still know the city like the back of my hand. I miss that place.
8) It took me 5 years to finally ‘start’ to carve on my snowboard. sorry. slow physical learner.
9) When I was 17, my car got shot up because some biotch had mistaken me for somebody else. geesh. You’d think people would get their facts straight before they go drive-by on people!
10) In high school I used to get straight A’s in all my academic classes, but practically fail P.E. Did I mention that I don’t like to sweat and I’m not physical?
11) I make an annual slideshow every year to highlight my life. Started in 2004.
12) I worked at Burger King in 1995/1996 and made a whopping $4.25 an hour.
13) I’m a night owl. Even if I’m tired all day long, I can easily get consumed in something and be up til 1am.
14) I had my first epiphany when I was 23.
15) I got my first tattoo when I was 15, my second when I was 16, my third when I was 17. Then I took a break and got my tongue pierced at 18, belly pierced at 19…. Then…. I went on to get my 3 more tattoos and a couple touch ups in the years after that. #7 was done in 2008 in honor of my late great grandfather. While in Amsterdam in 2010 I got my daughter’s initial then in 2012 got my son’s. I added 3 new ones the year I was living my 33.33% life crisis. can we say ‘addicting’??
16) I’m a hopeless romantic. Sucker for all those unrealistic chick flick movies.
17) I cannot eat ANYTHING spicy. zero tolerance. (not even Jack in The Box tacos. I know – weak am I.)
18) I once took a shot of hennessey for breakfast in 9th grade… by the time I got to 1st period, I passed out in class. Fortunately, the teacher was an idiot and she thought I was just mal-nutritioned, so she gave me an apple and told me to eat.
19) I am a major PLANNER. Highly organized. Stick with me, and things will get done.
20) I’m 5’1″ and I swear I have been this tall since middle school. I stopped growing a loooong time ago.